The above photo was taken yesterday afternoon. Our oldest son's "big boy bed" had just been delivered. (The bedding should be here later this week.) We got him a Queen since he had been sleeping on one in the corporate apartment since February anyway. Wasn't it just YESTERDAY that we were putting him in the crib and then blinking and moving him out of it?
You may or may not know that I'm an admin over at the Flickr "So, You Want to be a Professional Photographer" forum. (If you're interested in applying, there's a monthly lottery to get in please check and see if you meet the requirements.)
I also update the group blog, and we've added a feature to showcase some of our members' own photography-related blogs. If you'd like a few new additions to your daily reading list, make sure to check these out!
1. http://lovejoleen.typepad.com - Love, Joleen Photography Blog
2. http://crunchyphotoblog.blogsome.com - [following my bliss]
3. http://www.exodusphoto.com/blog - Exodus Photography Blog
4. http://www.whitecottonstudio.wordpress.com - whitecotton studio blog
5. http://www.shannonwilliamsphoto.typepad.com - shannon williams
6. http://katerpillarpix.blogspot.com - KC's Portfolio
7. http://huhkat.blogspot.com - Huh?
8. http://elizabethleightonphotography.blogspot.com - Elizabeth Leighton Photography
9. http://moniquedukephotography.blogspot.com - Monique Duke Photography
10. http://unscriptedmomentsphoto.blogsome.com - Unscripted Moments Photography
11. http://pinkletoes.blogspot.com - Pinkle Toes Photography
12. http://pt4p.blogspot.com - Pinkle Toes 4 Photographers
13. http://funkymonkeyphoto.blogspot.com - Funky Monkey Photography
14. http://www.shutterblog.com - Shutterblog
15. http://www.inspiredreflectionsphotography.blogspot.com - Inspired Reflections
16. http://www.michelleyeager.typepad.com - MY Photography
17. http://www.eakweb.com/blog/ - Emily A. Kelton Photography
18. http://wynonarobison.typepad.com - blog by wynona.
19. http://www.fionacarsonphotography.blogspot.com - Fiona Carson Photography
20. http://www.robyngeeringphotography.typepad.com - Robyn Geering Photography
21. http://www.bloggingwithbrenda.blogspot.com - The Heart of the Matter
22. http://blog.twinkletoesphotography.com - twinkle toes
23. http://www.bluebugphotography.blogspot.com - Bluebug Photography
24. http://leightaylorphotography.typepad.com - Leigh Taylor Photography Blog
Rachel over at "The Simple Family" sent me this heads-up earlier in the week... Cookie Magazine just started a new contest. The premise is pretty simple:
You upload a photo of your child looking stylish. The photos will be voted for online. The grand prize winner gets a trip to NYC to appear in Cookie. Four finalists get a $1,000 shopping spree at JCrew's "CrewCuts".
Stop by Cookie for more.
Yesterday we wrapped up another round of preschool interviews. We have found "the one" and don't feel the need to look any longer. You might remember our oldest was accepted into a local Pre-K3 program we were very excited about earlier this year (back in May). However, once we bought this house we realized it was just not meant to be. That school was close to our old corporate apartment, but nowhere near our new house. There would have been well over an hour each day spent commuting back and forth to get him, so we decided to look for something closer to home. It's going to be hard enough cutting the cord. Having him in another county entirely - not quite yet ready for that.
And then we found the perfect school yesterday. He is set to start for the spring semester in January just before he turns four. ("Just before he turns four"...hold me.) Todd and I couldn't be more excited. We really liked the last school. We are head-over-heels about this one.
It's like suddenly everything in the past year is just making sense. We are now where we were meant to be. We love our new hometown. We love our house. We love our neighbors. The boys have playmates. We've found a church home for the first time in our marriage. And now we've found a school we're quite certain both boys will thrive in.
So please excuse the perma-grin. We've earned it.
P.S. The official 2007 Boobie-Thon website has launched. Go. Look. Nominate a blogger charity. Volunteer for Mel the event kicks off on 10/1!